EcoFair at the Barns relies on the enthusiasm and commitment of volunteers to make the event run smoothly. If you’d like to volunteer with us at this year’s event on Sunday, November 5th, please keep reading!
Volunteer Application Process
- If you’re interested in lending a hand on the day of the event, please review the volunteer position descriptions below.
- View our online volunteer application form, which includes shift times and whether or not a position is full.
- Complete the online volunteer application, indicating your top three choices of volunteer roles and shift times.
- We’ll email you within a few days after form submission to confirm your volunteer position and shift time.
Very important! As we rely on our volunteers to make the event run smoothly, please only submit your application if you are certain that you can commit to the date and time.
If you have any questions before submitting , please email Vinyse at email@example.com. Thank you!
Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Help set up the space at the direction of the Lead Volunteer, including moving tables and chairs, putting up signs, helping exhibitors load in their displays, and directing traffic
- Please note, this position starts at 8am and the subway doesn’t start until 8am. Please ensure you have a means of getting to the venue by 8am if you sign up for this position. Thanks!
- Greet attendees, direct attendees to what they’re looking for, answer any questions they may have, encourage attendees to sign up for newsletter to be entered into draw
- Encourage EcoFair attendees to enter the interactive activity area, assist activity facilitators as needed, ensure activity area is kept neat, tidy and safe, help usher film attendees into the theatre
- Sell and serve beverages, follow safe food handling practices, ensure area is kept neat, tidy and safe
- Volunteers should have experience with safe food handling
- Help set up silent auction table, encourage participants to bid on auction items, close auction and help distribute items to winners (must have an outgoing personality for this role)
Event Promotion Team:
- Walk around the neighbourhood, carry an EcoFair poster, hand out flyers, enthusiastically promote the event to people walking around outside (Note, this is position is done outside, rain or shine)
- Obtain attendee feedback as they leave the event, encourage attendees to sign up for newsletter to be entered into draw (must have an outgoing personality for this role as it requires approaching people as they leave the event)
- Take professional photos of the event, capturing the atmosphere and all the activities taking place. Send digital files to the EcoFair committee within 1 week after the event. (Please note, this position is not listed on the volunteer application form. If you are an experienced photographer and would like to volunteer for this position, please email Vinyse at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteer Application Form
Once you’ve read instructions above, please complete our online volunteer application, which includes shift times.
As we rely on our volunteers to make the event run smoothly, please only submit your application if you are certain that you can commit to the date and time. Thank you!