Volunteers needed to help out at the event on Sunday, November 3rd!
EcoFair at the Barns relies on the enthusiasm and commitment of volunteers to organize and promote the EcoFair, and to make the event run smoothly. Join our volunteer team!
Please review the volunteer position descriptions below, and then complete our volunteer application form. Available shift times for each position are listed on the volunteer application (link at the bottom). Important! As we rely on our volunteers to make the event run smoothly, please only apply if you are certain that you can commit to the date and time – if you must cancel, we kindly request that you find a friend to replace you.
To apply for any of the positions below, please complete the volunteer application form: Click here
Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Help set up the space at the direction of the Lead Volunteer, including moving tables and chairs, putting up signs, helping exhibitors load in their displays, and directing traffic.
- Please note, this position starts at 8am and the subway doesn’t start until 8am. Please ensure you have a means of getting to the venue by 8am if you sign up for this position. Thanks!
- Greet attendees, direct attendees to what they’re looking for, answer any questions they may have, encourage attendees to sign up for newsletter to be entered into draw.
- Encourage EcoFair attendees to enter the interactive activity area, assist activity facilitators, ensure activity area is kept neat, tidy and safe, help usher film attendees into the theatre.
Zero Waste Team
- This is a dynamic role that will help us get closer to making the EcoFair a zero waste event.
- One hour will be spent washing dishes and making sure each food vendor has clean plates and cutlery at their station.
- One hour will be spent at the Waste Expert Booth where you will answer visitor questions about sorting their recycling, waste, and compost (reference materials will be provided).
- Finally, one hour will be spent handing out promotional EcoFair posters in the neighbourhood.
- Help set up silent auction table, encourage participants to bid on auction items, close auction and help distribute items to winners (must have an outgoing personality for this role).
Event Promotion Team
- Walk around the neighbourhood, carry an EcoFair poster, hand out flyers, enthusiastically promote the event to people walking around outside (Note, this is position is done outside, rain or shine).
- Obtain attendee feedback as they leave the event, encourage attendees to sign up for newsletter to be entered into draw (must have an outgoing personality for this role as it requires approaching people as they leave the event).
- Take professional photos of the event, capturing the atmosphere and all the activities taking place. Send digital files to the EcoFair committee within 1 week after the event.
- For this role, please email email@example.com outlining your experience with event photographer.
- We will be promoting our event at the Wychwood Barns Farmers Market prior to the date of the EcoFair. If you would like to help us hand out flyers on the mornings of October 26th and/or November 2nd, please check the appropriate box near the end of the application form.
To apply for any of the positions above, please complete the volunteer application form: Click here
Soon after you’ve submitted your application, we’ll email you to confirm your volunteer position and shift time. As mentioned above, please only complete the form if you are certain that you can commit to the date and time. If you must cancel, we kindly request that you find a friend to replace you.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please email Xilo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!