Thanks for your interest in volunteering for the 8th annual EcoFair at the Barns, which takes place on Sunday, November 6, 2016 at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie Street, Toronto).
Please read the following volunteer position descriptions and shift times, and then complete the Volunteer Application with your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices. We’ll send you an email within a few days of receiving your application to confirm your volunteer role and shift time. If you don’t hear from us within one week of submitting your application, please check your spam folder (the email confirmation will be sent from email@example.com) and email us.
Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Event Set-Up: Help set up the space, including moving tables and chairs, putting up signs, and helping exhibitors load in their displays.
- Welcome Table: Sit at the welcome table, greet attendees, direct them to what they’re looking for, encourage them to sign up for the e-newsletter to be entered into a draw, and answer any questions they may have.
- POP-UP Adventure Playground (Outdoors): Help set-up/tear-down the playground, assist Earth Day Canada staff as needed, engage children in play, and keep area tidy and safe.
- Interactive Activities: Encourage attendees to enter the interactive activity area, assist activity facilitators as needed, and keep the area tidy and safe.
- Refreshments Table: Sell and serve refreshments, follow safe food handling practices, and keep the area tidy and safe.
- Waste Wizard: Help dispose of recycling, compostables and garbage into appropriate bins, keep all areas of the EcoFair clean and tidy.
- Silent Auction: Encourage attendees to bid on silent auction items, close the auction at the required time, and distribute items to auction winners.
- Street Team (Outdoors): Walk around the neighbourhood, carry an EcoFair poster, and enthusiastically promote the event to people walking around.
- Exit Survey Team: Ask survey questions to attendees as they leave the event, and encourage them to sign up for the e-newsletter to be entered into a draw.
- Event Tear Down: Help clean-up the space, including moving tables and chairs, taking down signs, and helping exhibitors load out their displays.
Shift times vary throughout the day; please click on the volunteer application (link below) to see which shifts are available.
After you’re read all the volunteer position descriptions above, please click the link below to complete the volunteer application. We rely on the enthusiasm and reliability of volunteers for this event to be a success – therefore, it’s important that you are able to commit to your confirmed role and shift time. Of course, emergencies do arise and if this happens to you, please let us know as soon as possible if you can’t make it to your shift. Thanks in advance!!!
Please contact Vinyse at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about volunteering. We look forward to receiving your application!